Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Makeup Sex is the Best Kind

My wife and I had an argument last night. It's a rare occurrence. After we put the kids to bed, we talked for an hour or two. We openly shared our feelings, we laughed, and we settled our differences. By the end of it, I was feeling very good and very happy with our relationship.

Naturally, I wanted to seal the deal with some reconciliatory lovemaking. She was too tired. It's just part of the yin and yang of our relationship, I guess. When I'm cynical, she's happy; when I'm happy, she's cynical. When I want to go out, she wants to stay home; when I want to stay home, she wants to go out. We balance each other out.

I expect we'll practice the marital act tonight. It won't be quite as sweet as just after resolving a fight, but it ought to be good anyway. Next time we fight, I'll make sure to have it finished early with plenty of time left over for us to fully express our forgiveness towards one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment